Our dental assisting program in North East, Pennsylvania, is designed to equip you with the skills you need to start your new career as soon as you graduate. In addition to your classwork, we provide you with hands-on experience with real patients in dental offices. All of your supplies and materials are included in your tuition and fees. As a new dental assistant, you will graduate with DANB/RHS certification as well as certifications in CPR/BLS from the American Red Cross. We offer convenient Saturday classes.
- Week 1- Generalized Introduction to Dental Terminology and Equipment
- Week 2- Human Dentition, Head and Neck Anatomy, Tissues Surrounding the Teeth, Dental Charting (Clinicals and DALE Foundation radiology course begins)
- Week 3- Four-Handed Dentistry
- Week 4- Dental Radiology
- Week 5- Amalgam and Composites
- Week 6- Cements, Liners, Impressions and Model Basics
- Week 7- Oral Surgery, Periodontics, Coronal polish, Anesthetics
- Week 8- Crowns and Bridges
- Week 9- Endodontics and Orthodontics (DANB/RHS Exam)
- Week 10- Office Management and Front Desk Operations
- Week 11- Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office, Oral Hygiene and Preventative Dentistry (CPR Class)
- Week 12- Pediatric Dentistry (Final Exams)
- Externship begins- 2 weeks (80 hours)
During your 215.75 course hours, you will receive 101.75 hours of lectures and lab time, including your CPR/BLS training, with 14 hours of distance learning. Your course time also includes 20 hours of homework. While time in the classroom is important, we know that nothing replaces actual hands-on experience. During your time with us, you will be able to gain real experience with 20 hours of clinical work and an 80-hour externship with a local dentist.
If you are interested in exploring your potential as a dental assistant, contact OceanPointe Dental Assisting Academy at 814-636-9883 for a tour of our academy and an interview with our instructors .